Travel and cancellation insurances
Unfortunately you MUST have travel insurance to travel with us and with most of our partners. Travel insurance comes in all shapes and sizes – some covers multiple trips, some covers on medical emergencies, some can be obtained via your credit card or bank, and some is extremely comprehensive. We have worked with the best in the industry to simplify travel insurance for you. We offer two types of travel insurance:
Cancellation insurance covers the cost of your trip in the event you personally can’t travel. So, this is not if the trip itself is cancelled but rather if you get sick or injured and can’t begin the trip. The actual criteria when cancellation insurance kicks in are:
- Death or acute illness/injury of you (the insured person) or a close family member
- If for medical reasons you are unable to get a vaccination
- If you are called for military service or as a witness in the court of law
- When the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (or similar) advises against entry, but the airline/travel company continues to travel to the area
The cost of cancellation insurance is 7% of the total cost of your trip at time of booking. It must be paid for when you do you initial booking. Cancellation insurance won’t cover any credit card fees or administration fees charged by the suppliers but it will cover the bulk of your trip. Once you start travelling cancellation no longer applies and here you need travel insurance.
Once you start travelling you need travel insurance for everything from cancelled flights to medical emergencies. We know it is one of those costs that you just wish you did not have to pay – but when the time comes and you need it, you will be thankful.
Travel insurance with U. Is very simple to calculate:
- For travel anywhere in the world EXCEPT the USA and Canada €2.20 per day
- For worldwide travel including USA and Canada €2.88 per day
So easy, work out how many days you are travelling for and where you are going. Count from the day you are leaving – not from the day you arrive, and from the day you get back, not from the day you leave to come back. This ensures for example, if you flight to start your journey is delayed or cancelled you are covered.
What is included?
Sum Insured (per insured person, across all sections below)
Section 1. Medical Expenses in Case of Injury or Sudden Illness
Hospital Room & Board Benefit: Subject to Semi-private room rate Intensive Care/Cardiac Care Unit Benefit
Paid in full, however, the following additional limits shall apply:
- €100,000.00 for persons over 70 years old.
- €100,000.00 for Treatment of body injuries resulted from using sports vehicles or any two or three wheeled motorized vehicles
- €30,000.00 for Emergency Treatment of an acute exacerbation of a Pre-Existing Medical Condition (including
- €15,000.00 for Complications of Pregnancy up to the 20th week of pregnancy)
Section 2. Medical Transportation Benefits
Section 3. Non-Medical Benefits
€ 2,000.00 including accommodations
€ 50 every 24 hours
(from the third day of Hospitalization)/up to € 1,000.00
€ 100.00 per day; up to € 300.00 max
Section 4. Trip Cancellation/Interruption
€ 5,000.00 – € 100 deductible
“Coronavirus SARS CoV2 (COVID-19) tests and Treatment (Epidemic or pandemic exclusions are not applicable for COVID-19)
medical evacuation related to COVID-19;
PCR virus detecting test for COVID-19 if prescribed by the Doctor in case of confirmed symptoms;
treatment of COVID-19 infection, including Hospitalization, medication, and local transportation costs; and
any resulting complications. Exclusions:
rapid antibody testing;
tests undergone by the Insured Person in order to meet the requirements of the authorities applicable to people entering a country from another country;
tests undergone by the Insured Person without Doctor’s prescription.”
Subject to the relevant limits established in other sections of Schedule of Benefits, but not more than €100,000 in aggregate